Offering Comprehensive,Skilled Representation

How do you get to work if your car was damaged in a wreck?

On Behalf of | May 25, 2023 | Personal Injury |

When you are involved in an accident, your vehicle can be damaged. It may be repaired, or the damage may be significant that you may need to replace it. When claiming damages, you may also be covered for this. But how will you go to work before you are covered?

Here are three ways you can do this:

1. Taxis or ride-hailing services

You can use taxis before your car is repaired or receive compensation to buy a new one. With the advancement of technology, taxi companies are making their services more convenient — and most places have access to Uber and Lyft. 

2. Public transportation

If you live in an area with access to public transportation, you can consider it. The Oklahoma government has done its best when it comes to public transport, which means you may not have a difficult time moving around.

3. Rental car

Renting a car is another transportation option if your vehicle is damaged in an accident. However, before paying for one, check if your insurance company’s policy can pay for the service. Some insurers fully pay for members’ rental vehicles when their car is undrivable. Thus, your insurer may also have this benefit.

Document all your costs

You should record every cost you incur in the above-suggested options. The insurance company of the driver who caused the accident should compensate you. If you use online platforms to make payments, print the receipts. If you pay in cash, write it down. 

When you are ready to return to work after an accident, these three options should help you move around. Nonetheless, you should get legal guidance to be reimbursed fairly.