Criminal Defense Attorney Matt Swain grew up with a passion for the law and a commitment to justice. As an attorney, his commitment to helping people through the most difficult times they may ever face is evident in the personal, one-on-one attention he provides to each client. He is involved in each and every case, from the initial intake to the strategy sessions, to the final client meetings. Mr. Swain works to ensure his clients understand all their options and how their case is progressing. He always returns phone calls and emails promptly because he understands the stress and anxiety that comes with being either a plaintiff in a civil case or a defendant in a criminal case.
Matt Swain received his undergraduate degree from Wake Forest University and his law degree from the University of Oklahoma. During his time at the University of Oklahoma, Mr. Swain spent a year interning at the Oklahoma County District Attorney's Office, spending time in both the White Collar Division and on one of the General Felony teams. This experience allowed him to handle plea negotiations, preliminary hearings, and trials, under the tutelage of experienced prosecutors...many of whom are still prosecutors in Oklahoma County or are currently Oklahoma County Judges.
After graduating from law school and passing the Oklahoma Bar, Mr. Swain founded the Matt Swain Law Firm. What started as a one man operation has grown into a highly successful practice featuring five attorneys with tremendous experience in many different practice areas.
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Kelly Beardslee Award for Outstanding Criminal Defense Student, 2009
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- B.A. - 2006
- Criminal Defense Clinic, OU College of Law
- Oklahoma Criminal Defense Lawyers Assoc (OCDLA), 2009 to Present
- Cleveland County Bar Association, 2009 to Present
Current Employment Position
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Crimes
- Oklahoma, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2015
- OU Legal Clinic Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year, 2009