Offering Comprehensive,Skilled Representation

Woman Dies From Injuries Two Weeks After Collision with Drunk Driver

On Behalf of | Feb 3, 2021 | Car Accidents In The News |

A woman injured in a vehicle crash with a drunk driver in January has succumbed to her injuries. Hellen Pollock, an 89-year-old from Macomb, died Tuesday, February 2nd, from injuries related to a January 19th crash.

Pollock was a passenger in a vehicle driven by 84-year-old Kelley Pollock, traveling east on Interstate 40 near U.S. 177 in Shawnee. The Pollock’s car was struck by another eastbound vehicle driven by 27-year-old Raymond George. According to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, the collision caused Pollock’s vehicle to veer off the road and overturn.

Both Kelley and Hellen Pollock were transported to the hospital in good condition at the time of initial reports. Kelley was treated for internal trunk injuries at Saint Anthony’s Hospital in Shawnee and Hellen for internal trunk and leg injuries at OU Medical Center.

Tragically, two weeks after the collision, Hellen Pollock died as a result of her injuries. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim.

George was described as ability impaired but was not injured in the crash. OHP listed the official cause of the collision as DUI.

Did you know in 2019 there were 532 alcohol-related car accidents in the state of Oklahoma? Of the total 532 crashes, 13 of the incidents occurred in Pottawatomie County (Shawnee, Tecumseh, McLoud).

The sudden death of a loved one is an overwhelming experience. When a death is caused by the negligence of someone else, it is devastating. At Swain Law Group we are committed to helping families throughout Oklahoma get the justice and the compensation they deserve.

The law allows personal representatives and family members of the deceased to file wrongful death claims and recover compensation. You can trust our experienced team of personal injury attorneys with the legal procedures while you focus on what’s most important: family. Please contact our office or reach out with a confidential message to discuss your case.